Having iPhone data regularly backed up is essential to prevent accidental data loss. So Apple encourages the user to take a backup through iTunes or iCloud to keep all them secured. And by reading this you will get about How to restore iPhone from iTunes backup together with more helpful facts.
When should you restore iPhone from iTunes Backup?
Even with a plan or not, you may want to take your data into a backup and then restore. So for Apple users, it has two ways as iCloud and iTunes. And from them, iTunes is more popular for backup and restore and here you are some moments you need to take backups and restore.
- When you upgrade old iPhone to a newer, restoring the new iPhone from older device backup that stored on computer helps with keeping all important data safe
- When your iPhone is reset to factory settings, it is useful to restore iTunes backup to the new iPhone which in the other way reduces the risk of data loss
- In an incident where your iPhone has been misplaced, stolen or broken, restoring from iTunes backup is the only way you can safely take your data with no damage
- At a moment you have accidentally deleted or lost important data like photos, contacts, documents on iPhone, iTunes backup is important to verify all your data is safe
How to restore iPhone from iTunes Backup?
To continue restoring, you first need to disable “Find My iPhone” from your iPhone Settings. For that go to Settings > your name > iCloud > Find my iPhone. Now you can restore iPhone with iTunes Backup.
- Step 1: Connect the iPhone and the Windows PC with a proper cable and go to iTunes
- Step 2: Hit on the iPhone icon and then the option “Summary” from the pane on the left
- Step 3: Choose “Restore Backup” option that you find under the Backups segment
- Step 4: Select iTunes backup that you need from the pop-up window, and hit on the “Restore” button
On a Mac with the version MacOS Catalina 10.15, iTunes comes replaced with three new apps like Apple Music, Apple TV and Podcasts. So here you need to back up or restore the iPhone with support to the Finder. This is not very much different from backup iTunes, but it takes some changes too.
In different incidents, restoring iPhone from an iTunes backup is essential. It recovers lost data and save everything you want in the best way. So hope you gained fine knowledge about how to restore iPhone from iTunes backup and found how useful it is.