If you work with Siri, maybe you have got this experience. Maybe you have never had this. Siri answers your questions. But sometimes it will insist you unlock your iPhone first. In this article, I hope to discuss this thing. So how should it work?
If Siri responds to a command with the words that “You’ll have to unlock your iPhone first.”, what should you do? Actually, there is a way to make sure that Siri demands to be unlocked. Not only that but also there are settings you can check to see why it is happening. But still, there is no one great solution to it, though.
What is Siri?
Siri is a built-in, voice-controlled personal assistant available for Apple users. Siri is available on iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod, and the Mac too. Also, Siri had to keep up with Amazon’s Alexa and Google Assistant. Now Siri’s intelligence has grown and her abilities have expanded. So Siri has developed with age. You can talk to her as a friend. Siri aims to help you get things done, such as sending a message. Siri has access to every other application on your Apple devices such as mail, contacts, messages, safari, and more. Actually, it is very easy to work with Siri. So what are the things she is able to do, and how does she do them?
What are the features of Siri?
Actually, a lot of people are quite familiar with Siri. Siri will call upon many apps to present data or search through their databases whenever she needs to. Siri can offer you a seamless way to do what you need. You can ask her questions. If you want, you can tell her to show you something or you can find the things that you want with Siri’s help. Sometimes it is very enjoyable too. You can use a wide range of voice commands to interact with Siri. But it is not limited to the below things.
Features of Siri
- You can use Siri for phone and text actions such as “read my new messages”, and “set the timer for 5 minutes”.
- You can check the basic information, including “What’s the weather like today?”
- You can schedule events with the help of Siri. “Schedule a meeting”.You can use this voice command for that.
- Also, you can set reminders. -“Remind me to …”
- Not only you can get photos but also you can handle device settings through Siri. If you want you can turn on or off Wi-Fi with the help of Siri. Also, it can increase or decrease the brightness with your voice command.
- If you work with Siri, you can ask Siri to set an alarm or a reminder for you at a specific time of a specific day.
- If you want to get some information from the internet, Siri will search the Internet for you with your commands including “Define …”, and “Find pictures of …”.
- If you want to get information about the traffic on the way, you can ask “What’s the traffic like on the way home?”.
- If you work with Siri, you can do a lot of things very easily and quickly.
- Actually, Siri will help you to translate words and phrases from English to a few languages.
- Not only that but also Siri can engage with iOS-integrated apps too.
- You can handle payments through Apple Pay with the help of Siri.
Siri helps you simplify navigating through your iPhone by simply listening to your voice commands. Also, Siri helps by performing the task you want it to do. Ultimately, Siri does all the legwork for you. If you know everything about Siri, you can work with her very easily and you can get all these benefits.
How to work with Siri?
As you know, Siri is a voice-controlled personal assistant available for Apple users. How to start Siri? If you want to work with Siri, you can ask Siri to carry out a task by just saying “Hey Siri” to your iPhone, AirPods, Apple Watch, connected Bluetooth headsets, or HomePod.Also, you can invoke Siri by using buttons, too.
If you have a Touch ID iPhone including iPhone 6S or later, first hold down the Home button. Next, you can say what you need. If you are using Face ID iPhones including iPhone X and newer, hold down the side power button. On HomePod, you can press the home button in the center of the top of the device. On some devices, you might need to wait a few minutes for Siri to appear before you make your request.
Actually, there are a few simple steps. You have to go to Settings, Face ID & Passcode. Then you should enter your passcode when prompted. You have to scroll down to the section headed Allow Access when Locked. Then turn everything on. Actually, these things are supposed to work when your iPhone is locked.
What can you do when it doesn’t work?
Sometimes Siri says you have to unlock your iPhone. Also sometimes it sits in the middle somehow. Sometimes Siri does absolutely nothing at all. If it stops before even responding to you, it may be that another device is meant to take over. It is also possible that it is a connection issue. When you have seen Siri react and then stop responding, that may be what is happening. So wait a moment and say your “Hey, Siri” command again.
What you say to Siri first gets sent online. Then the answer is sent back. If you are in an area with inadequate Wi-Fi, that might be the reason for Siri to stop responding. So you can try switching your phone off Wi-Fi and just using the cellular connection. Or you can take the phone into an area with a better signal.
Sometimes you can fix this issue by rephrasing your question. Actually, it affects only a few people. So there are not many discussions about this on Apple’s support forum. Apple has yet to fix it.